|Posted on November 11, 2019 at 9:45 AM|
Exercise is tiring - for both the body and the mind. The key to keeping going is motivation. Find what works for you, but here are some tried, tested and proven ways:
1) Hire a personal trainer. Well I would say that wouldn't I?! But research shows when you have a professional pushing and supporting you (and giving you workouts that are bespoke to your needs) then going to the gym - and coming back time and time again - is a lot easier.
2) Set goals for yourself - be they daily, weekly, monthly or forever'ones. And write them down - maybe in a specific workout diary.
3) Visualise success. Imagine how you will feel and look if you get where you're aiming for.
3) Take progress shots. Seeing positive changes is motivational.
4) Variety is essential. Do different workouts, exercises and different reps and sets. This will relieve boredom and keep your body 'shocked' into progress.
5) Give yourself structured rewards - i.e if you achieve 'x' you can have 'y'. A 'cheat' meal on a Saturday night IS something to look forward to, as is a new pair of Nike leggings (see no.7)
6) Take a break occasionally and don't exercise 7 days a week. You must have other things you need to do and the body needs time to recover.
7) Buy new workout gear. You'll be amazed how it can help get you to the gym and perform better once you're in there.
8. Workout before your day starts.You'll be energised, you'll feel good about yourself and you'll have got it out of the way - one less thing to worry about.
9) Find music that helps you through - for e.g download a new playlist that 'drops a beat 'and pumps you up.
10) Change your exercise environment. If you usually workout in a gym, take it outside. If you don't do group exercises classes, try one.
GOOD LUCK, KEEP CALM AND KEEP GOING!